This is Google's cache of https://sowal.com/forum/threads/good-places-to-eat-at-panama-city-beach.508/. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on Feb 23, 2024 21:30:44 GMT. The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more.
Full versionText-only versionView source
Tip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.
Good Places to Eat at Panama City Beach | SoWal Forum - South Walton Florida
  • Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Hunt's Oyster Bar in Old Panama City is worth the drive - sit at the counter and they'll keep shucking oysters for you until you cry uncle. Their 3 cheese and cajun oysters are also great. My friend says they have a wonderful grouper sandwich, but why do that if you're at Hunt's. http://www.huntsoysterbar.com/

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
Bayou Bills is good, went there the past couple of years....Captain Andersons is fun, we went during the day for lunch and the kids loved watching the boats(nice cold drinks!!) :wink:

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Haven't been down that way in years. I avoid 98 like the plague. But there used to be a really good place at Baypoint called Canopies. Very good.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
Paula said:
Does anyone have recommendations for good places to eat in Panama City Beach? This would include cheap-but-good-and-relatively-clean "dives" and nicer places to eat.

Want to impress? Take your family to the BOAR'S HEAD in PCB! :clap_1:

katie blue

kt loo
Mar 11, 2005
in perpetual motion
We were tipped off to Dusty's Oyster Bar, a favorite with the locals. It's quite a scene in there, that place has more heart and soul than most places on earth. Stones on the jukebox, waitresses with hearts o'gold, yes, you might even see a mullet or two. :D Boy, do they take their oysters seriously there. Very seriously--they're literally oyster-shucking champions. And to our tastes, we don't know if grouper gets any better than how they prepare it. (not to mention the wampus bread and slaw.) Ask for it "lightly blackened" and you're in heaven. $12.99 for the dinner, can't beat the price really.

It's possibly the most authentic place on earth. Just love the food there.

Last edited:

hutch

Beach Lover
If you are looking for good southern home cooking. (peas, butter beans, fried chicken, cornbeard). Try Granny Cantrell's on 23rd street. Close to Home Depot. Very crowded at lunch hour 11:00-1200 due to local workers. Buffet all you can eat. :laughing1

the hutch

Paula

Beach Fanatic
Jan 25, 2005
Michigan but someday in SoWal as well
This is all very helpful! Thanks.

I went to Dusty's in early May and loved it. Had oysters and oyster stew. And you're right that the waitress was great. It has a bit of a "dive" feel -- extremely casual and not pretentious at all and that, aside from the oysters, is the charm of the place. I bet it gets quite crowded. My experience at Dusty's is what made me want to seek out other places at PCB. But I, too, would probably avoid 98 during peak months -- off season, I like to explore the areas outside of 30A more.

My family also likes Thomas's donuts in PCB, about 5 miles from Rosemary Beach. Another place that would qualify as a "dive" (or old fashioned beach shack). The donuts are good old-fashioned donuts and very inexpensive.

Paula said:
This is all very helpful! Thanks.

I went to Dusty's in early May and loved it:love: . Had oysters and oyster stew. And you're right that the waitress was great:clap_1: . It has a bit of a "dive" feel -- extremely casual and not pretentious at all and that:cool: , aside from the oysters, is the charm of the place:D . I bet it gets quite crowded:shock: . My experience at Dusty's is what made me want to seek out other places at PCB. But I, too, would probably avoid 98 during peak months:shock: -- off season, I like to explore the areas outside of 30A more:cool: .

My family also likes Thomas's donuts in PCB:love: , about 5 miles from Rosemary Beach. Another place that would qualify as a "dive" :roll: (or old fashioned beach shack). The donuts are good old-fashioned donuts :love: and very inexpensive:cool: .

Thanks Paula, didn't know about the donut place. Since we're in Seacrest that'll do just fine :D